Geoffrey L. Stewart, CPA, CGMA
Geoffrey provides planning, consulting and compliance services for a diverse range of clients. Geoffrey uses his skills and experience in federal and state taxes as part of the overall strategy to assist clients in building net worth. Geoffrey also represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and various state departments of revenue regarding income, franchise and sales and use tax audits.
Geoffrey has more than 35 years of experience in both private and public accounting. With 5 years of experience as a part owner and operator of a small business, he understands the day-to-day needs and challenges of running a business. This experience, along with 30 years in public accounting allows Geoffrey to deliver real business acumen in dealing with the complexities of WSW clients in an ever-changing marketplace.
When not working, Geoffrey enjoys, golf, working out with his wife and attending or watching Alabama Football or Predators Hockey.
Our core purpose is to provide peace of mind while helping our clients grow their businesses and net worth. The peace of mind comes from striving every day to make sure our clients are educated and aware of where they stand so there are no surprises when it is time to file their taxes. If you want a firm just as invested in your success as you are, WSW is where you belong. Using tax strategies (one of which may be to just pay the tax) as part of an overall goal to build net worth, we work with your other advisors to help make you as successful as you can be.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Tax Section Member
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- Former TSCPA State Tax Committee – Attend semi-annual meeting with Tennessee Department of Revenue to discuss issues concerning CPAs and clients with State Revenue Department
- Federal TSCPA Tax Committee Chair (four times) – Attend semi-annual meeting with IRS to discuss issues concerning CPAs and clients with IRS - current chair and officer
- Nashville TSCPA Chapter Board Member (Past President)
- Former Board Member – Interfaith Dental Clinic – Board Chair, 2015; Finance Committee Chair 2011-2013
- Pat Summitt Foundation Golf Tournament Committee
Bachelor in Finance from Auburn University